Friday, March 20, 2009

Center for Aesthetics Studies

I took my first formal training in 2005 and received a certificate in Basic Make-up Artistry from ICI Training Center - the school now known as the Center for Aesthetics Studies (CAS).

The program lasted for about two months; 48 hours of intensive training. My mentor, Ms. Jennie Delica, not only taught me about make-up application but she also emphasized on discipline and respect for the craft.

When I enrolled in ICI (or CAS), my goal was to equip myself with the tools to efficiently train my beauty consultants in make-up application. I was then working as a Brand Manager for two cosmetics brands. However, at the end of the program, I was able to answer the question that I have been asking myself for a while: What do I really want to do? It became clear to me that my calling was to become a make-up artist.

Aside from Basic Make-up, the Center for Aesthetics Studies also offers the following certificate programs: Hair Science, Hair Cutting, Hair Color, Nail Color and Depilation as well as a Diploma Course in Cosmetology. Moreover, their curriculum is TESDA-registered. For more information about CAS, go to http://www.isdanco.org/cas/index.html.

Here are some samples of my work during our photo shoot at the end of the program.






No comments:

Post a Comment